Sergeant-at-arms Job, Security Jobs 2021,
(Job Grade ‘M’ CASB 7),
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 49,000 House Allowance: Kshs. 22, 000 Commuter Allowance: Kshs.8, 000,
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- ensuring safe custody of the mace;
- ensuring safety and security of the assembly premises, firearms and of members of the county assembly;
- controlling of authorized parking to ensure order and security in the county assembly premises;
- performing chamber and ceremonial duties as per the laid down guidelines;
- receiving visitors and suppliers to the assembly and directing them to the respective staff or department in the county assembly;
- ensuring that CCTV cameras are functional and are well manned; and
- ensuring that conference facilitation are availed and secured especially when committee go out of the assembly.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- have served in the grade of Senior Sergeant At Arms for at least three (3) years or in the disciplined forces for a period of not less than five (5) years in a commensurate position;
- have Bachelor’s Degree in Security Management/Investigations, Criminology and Forensic studies from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Management Course not lasting less than four weeks from a recognized institution;
- have certificate in firefighting and first aid; and
- Possess an exemplarily service certificate;
- Be in possession of a Paramilitary/Military Training qualifications; and
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
How To Apply
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
All interested applicants MUST obtain and submit the following valid documents;
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Observe Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority; ( KRA),
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; (HELB),
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; (EACC),
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal investigation Department; (CID); and
- Clearance Certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- The applicants should attach copies of their certificates and testimonials.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application, giving false or misleading information on conviction may lead to being fined or imprisoned.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Kisumu County Assembly Service Board is committed to implementing the provisions of the constitution – chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MAGINALISED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original copies of their Identity Cards, Academic and Professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letters of appointment to their current substantive post during their interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered not later than Monday 12th April, 2021 at 5.00 pm to the office of the clerk and addressed to:
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD KISUMU COUNTY ASSEMBLY
P. O. BOX 86 -40100 KISUMU