Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Reporting to the Chair Department of Pathology and the Chief Operating Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and organizing Pathology operations to achieve quality diagnostic outcomes within targeted turnaround times and overhead costs, and to support business goals and strategies. The Laboratory Manager will ensure that postgraduate programs in the department are harmonized within the service component.
- Ensure maintenance of adequate levels of competent staff.
- Staff management.
- Play a lead role in the maintenance of adequate supply of reagents and other resources.
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget.
- Contribute to development and implementation of strategic plans for the laboratory.
- Develop and manage processes within the department according to the institutional expectations.
- Support Aga Khan Hospital Laboratories and Outreach Centres towards maintaining/complying with the requirements of the international accreditation agencies.
- Monitor and improve the performance of quality management system to sustain accreditation and good practice.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer complaints and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Ensure timely detection, investigation resolution and prevention of quality failures.
- Bachelor or Master of Science (Master preferred) in a related field of Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board Certification.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Senior Technologist with training in Quality Management Systems, and other relevant fields related to health care.
- Demonstrated management ability in a laboratory setting.
How to Apply