Medical Specialist Job, Medical Jobs 2021,
MEDICAL SPECIALIST – THREE (3) POSTS (Family Medicine – 1; General Surgery – 1; Obsterics and Gynaecology – 1) – V/NO.9/2021
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 99,900 – 169,140 p.m. (CSG 6)
House Allowance: Ksh.20,000 – 50,000 p.m. (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.16,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance; As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service ;Three (3) years Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Medicine, Cardiothoracic Surgery; Family Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics and Child Health, or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- a Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board; and
- a Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
Duties and Responsibilities:-
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- performing complex and advanced clinical patient management in areas of specialization;
- coordinating training, coaching and mentoring of health personnel;
- managing health stores including essential medicines and/or plant and equipment;
- managing larger facilities /hospitals;
- developing intervention activities or programs for the management of diseases and conditions;
- developing medical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols;
- coordinating emergency response and clinical care;
- coordinating health projects and programmes; managing health information systems;
- carrying out health surveys and research; and monitoring the provision of forensic and medico-legal services.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th March 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)