Principal Communication & Marketing Officer Job, Communication Jobs 2021,
Job Title: Principal Communication & Marketing Officer
Grade: NCIA 3
Terms of Service 5-year Contract renewable subject to Performance
Salary Scale: Min. Kshs. 210,900 to Max. Kshs. 273,900 (Monthly Gross pay)
Department: Business Development
Section / Unit: Communication & Marketing
Location / Workstation: Co-operative Bank House, Nairobi
The Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration (NCIA) was established in 2013 by an Act
of Parliament the Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration Act No. 26 of 2013 as a Centre
for promotion of international commercial arbitration and other alternative forms of dispute
As head of the Communication & Marketing Unit the Principal Communication &
Marketing Officer – NCIA 3 will report to the Manager Business Development for the
day-to-day operations of the Communication and Marketing Unit.
The job holder is responsible for development and implementation of the Communication and
marketing strategies to ensure promotion of international commercial arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution
- Formulate and implement Communication policies and strategies for the Unit.
- Development of a corporate communication strategy.
- Compile and disseminate data and advisories on protocol, immigration, taxation and other
regulatory requirements to disputants, arbitrators, counsel, and other users of the Centre.
- Oversee the design, edition, publication, production, and dissemination of newsletters,
booklets, articles, and other publications.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the customer service and delivery
charter and manage the complaints handling process.
- Manage general protocol matters at the Centre.
- Oversee management of information platforms including the website and social media to
ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop media briefs and manage media relations to ensure continuous coverage and
awareness of the Centre’s activities.
Responsibility on Marketing
- Develop corporate branding policies.
- Develop Policies and regulations for stakeholder management and
enhancement of the Corporate Image of the Centre.
- Manage the planning of the Centre’s events, stakeholder and public events, exhibitions, and
- Oversee the Centre’s Corporate Social Responsibility program.
Responsibility on Administration
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Communication and Marketing Strategies
- Provide secretarial services to the Journal Editorial Committee.
- Monitor and evaluate of the Unit’s work-plans and initiate appropriate action.
- Manage all third-party agencies relating to communication and marketing Unit.
- Ensure compliance with risk management framework within the Unit.
- Coordinate the development and operationalization of research and development within
- Provide technical input to Committees including; Budget Implementation, Complaints
- Handling, Gender Mainstreaming and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Ad-hoc
- Postgraduate degree in any of the following disciplines: – Communication Studies,
Marketing, Public Relations, International Relations or Journalism any relevant and
equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Communication Studies, Marketing,
Public Relations, International Relations or Journalism any relevant and equivalent
qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme or equivalent qualification
from a recognized institution; and
- Proficiency in computer application skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Web
support skills, Analytic skills
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website www.ncia.or.ke, download and complete the job application form. Submit a soft copy (pdf) of the completed application form
through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching copies of your certificates, copy of your identification
card and any other testimonial in support of your application together with a detailed curriculum
vitae indicating current salary, contacts of at least three (3) referees and daytime telephonecontacts to be submitted by 5.00 p.m. on …Wednesday 24th March, 2021 addressed to:
Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration Co-operative Bank House, 8th Floor
Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. BOX 548 – 00200
Nairobi – Kenya
Shortlisted candidates will be notified of prospective interview dates and Chapter six (6) clearance documents shall be required during interview and may undergo background checks with relevant institutions. Any canvassing or solicitation by or on behalf of an applicant for the above vacancy will disqualify the applicant.
Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration is an equal opportunity employer and
qualified women, youths and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply