Senior Program Officer Job, Latest Public Health Jobs
Job Title: Senior Program Officer, VAS
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Dakar, Senegal
Deadline for submission: March 23 , 2021
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. The Senior Program Officer VAS, Africa will be working as part of Nutrition International’s regional and global technical Vitamin A Supplementation (VAS) team and under the supervision of the Senior Manager, VAS. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Senior Program Officer VAS, Africa to be based in Nairobi, Kenya or Dakar, Senegal.
You will have a masters level degree in Public Health, Health policy and Planning / Program Management. At least 7 years’ experience in Public Health and public health nutrition area and project management. Experience in consultant management and recruitment, technical and management guidance and quality assurance for VAS projects and capacity building of implementing partner and consultant. Experience working and living in Africa is preferable. Experience working with Vitamin A supplementation interventions is a plus. Experience working in an emergency response setting and strategy development and review is desirable. Fluent in written and spoken English and working French.
- Coordinating and facilitating the engagement of NI Africa with the selected country government partners for the implementation of the VAS catch-up projects.
- Providing guidance and coordinating the development of post COVID-19 country plans for highly efficient and resilient VAS programs in line with their respective health systems strengths and weaknesses of the NI VAS strategy.
- Supporting the development of efficient process and tools to facilitate smooth and timely start-up of the agreed country VAS catch-up plans.
- Coordinating the implementation of any technology solution developed by NI of its implementation partners and service providers for improving the implementation and efficiency of the VAS catch-up project.
- Reporting on the progresses and performances of the implementation of the VAS catch-up project and suggest to the government implementing partners and assigned service providers, the corrective actions when necessary.
- Liaising with M&R team to establish and maintain the NI support continuity and ensure smooth, logical, and summative linkage between achieved outputs with the expected outcomes of the VAS catch-up project.
- Supporting the identification and development of opportunities for implementation of evaluation research to investigate persistent constraints to improving the efficiency of the implementation of the VAS catch-up project.
How to apply
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
This contract is up to two years with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Kenya or Senegal. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.