Kenya ITO Service Coordinator Job, NGO Jobs 2021,
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
You will help setup, monitor and maintain organization laptops and peripheral devices, install and configure hardware and software, and solve technical issues as they arise. You will report to ITO Deputy PS and help improve and enhance ITO Service systems, tools and processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on our PCs.
- Regional and District offices support-visiting district offices to offer technical support.
- Log reported incidents and service requests and ensure closure within specified Service level agreements.
- Manage staff and hold weekly check-in meetings.
- Provide mentorship and evaluate staff performance.
- High-level reporting on staff performance, including their projects.
- Participate in the support and implementation of professional development plans to ensure team growth following career trajectories.
- Guide direct report(s) on planning and execution of low to medium complexity projects.
Work with ITO Deputy PS and help with;
- Audit of current ITO Service Systems process and processes for conformity to established corporate standards for efficiency, productivity and security.
- Create solutions to ensure conformity of ITO Service Systems, processes and procedures to established corporate standards for efficiency, productivity and security.
- Implement solutions to improve ITO Service systems to conform to established corporate standards for efficiency, productivity and security.
- Innovation of new ITO Service tools, processes and procedures to improve service delivery and offer efficiency at scale.
- Liaison between IT team leader and OAF staff.
- ITO Service Systems process and procedures Innovation and Improvement.
- Any other responsibilities related to OAF daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Diploma or degree in Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, or any other related ICT field from a recognized university.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in technical support, one (1) of which must be in a supervisory or people management position.
- ITIL Foundation level certification preferred.
- Professional IT Certifications in CISCO, Microsoft, Project management or any other IT related certifications will be an added advantage.
- Ability to connect day to day work to the broader OAF mission.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
How to Apply