Penda Health is an award-winning company that delivers high quality, trustworthy healthcare. Our vision is for everyone in Africa to have healthcare they can trust. Today our team of 400+ employees operates 20 Medical Centres around Nairobi. We are looking to continuously improve the quality of our services across our Medical Centres and hence introducing Nursing Services to our multidisciplinary team. Penda believes that quality care and great patient experience are the keys to achieving our vision for growth.
Nursing Officers at Penda ensure the best quality of service and excellent patient experience through standardized patient triaging, management of emergencies, best MCH/FP services as well as other out-patient procedures. This position will report to the Medical Centre Team Leader and will work with a great multidisciplinary team that is committed to serving the communities where Penda operates
- Initial assessment of patients, triaging, MCH/FP and nursing procedures as well as administering IV or IM medications using nursing best practice.
- Ensure the Medical Centre is always ready and well stocked with supplies and equipment, including well-packed clean and sterile items to attend to general and emergency cases.
- Be an Infection Prevention and Control Champion
- Quality patient education and excellent patient experience to all clients.
- Accurately and comprehensively record patient data in Penda’s electronic medical record in real-time.
- Complete the necessary MoH reporting requirements and ensure timely and accurate submission.
- Diploma in Nursing – KRCHN holding a valid practicing license from NCK.
- Valid BLS certification is mandatory, ACLS is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy Healthcare Facility
- Demonstrated experience in MCH/FP
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, outstanding patient interaction skills.
- Strong demonstrated ability to use electronic health records and digital health tools
- Base salary + benefits such as medical insurance
- Lots of growth opportunities over time – you can even become a branch manager!
How to Apply
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, candidates who apply earlier will be given priority. Applications Deadline: 29th March 2021.