Procurement Officer Job, Current Procurement Jobs,
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the procurement committee, the officer leads in supporting and overseeing procurement and logistics services from a management perspective to ensure required supplies of commodities, facilities and service needs for the hospital activities are mobilized efficiently in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring and enforcing the hospitals procurement policies and procedures
- Manage the entire process of planning of commodities, procurement and supply chain activities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication to facilitate timely delivery of commodities using the most appropriate procurement procedures
- Responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures the prices paid for commodities are in line with local market prices.
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation of quality performance measurement mechanisms.
- Assesses, prioritizes and manages multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Ensure transparent and competitive procurement is conducted and properly documented as required and in compliance with the hospital policy and plans.
- Organizes and leads the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing tenders, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding clients on process involved.
- Calls for and oversee selection committee to review applications and select vendors/ suppliers and ensures integrity of the competitive process, facilitates bidder debriefing where necessary and exercises appropriate judgment and tactfulness while ensuring protection of confidential information
- Prepares service delivery contracts and service orders for all acquisition needs
- Maintains procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor/ supplier tracking system and maintaining all the relevant information concerning the organization suppliers.
- Manages supplier/vendor contracts and maintains relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract ensuring that all supplier complaints and concerns are addressed promptly for continuity of services at all times
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum Diploma in Supplies Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a procurement environment preferably in a Hospital setting
- Computer efficiency skills.
- Must be a mature practicing Christian.
Required Skills and competencies
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to work both independently and within a team
- Excellent problem solving capacity with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities
- Executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross-functional operational plans
- Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the function
- Business/Financial acumen, business savvy, innovative
- Organizing and planning skills
- Negotiation Skills.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 19th March 2021.
PCEA Chogoria Hospital
P.O. Box 35 – 60401