HR Assistant Job, Current HR Jobs, Latest Administration Jobs,
Pwani University, a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research. The University has a vacancy for the position of Human Resource Assistant – Temporary/Locum.
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT – LOCUM
1 POSITION REF: PU/ADV/06/02/2021
- This is a temporary/short term position available for three (3) to six (6) months
- Applicants Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized university.
- Must be a Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of Kenya IHRM
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience as a Human Resource generalist in a busy corporate institution/organization. With ability to undertake various Human Resource related tasks.
- Assist in facilitating various committee meetings by
- Scheduling meetings according to committees Almanac and work plan to enable the committees meet their annual
- Booking meeting venue, request for refreshments, assemble appropriate equipment for the meeting to ensure availability in time of the necessary requirements and smooth running of meetings
- Resolve normal procedural issues and/or escalate relevant supervisors to ensure smooth running of the institution
- Maintain an accurate and up to date HR data in Navision system and excel database;
- Collating data/information for drafting reports and briefs to aid in making informed decision
- Draft correspondences for review, approval/signature to relay feedback or make inquiries.
- Liaise with immediate supervisor on a regular basis for planning and coordination of duties in the office to ensure that all duties are well attended to
- Assist in coordinating of in-house trainings to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of trainings
- Assist in collating feedback from trainees on the effectiveness of training for analysis
- Assist in all other HR general tasks on recruitment, performance management, staff welfare matters as may be required to ensure completeness of tasks
- Keying in employee data in the Human Resource Information System for ease of preparing
- Draft reports as guided for effective decision making
- To provide administrative support to the Human Resource Officer in the review of all HR strategies, policies and procedures
- Assist in preparation of audit by ensuring that all documents are filed correctly for ease of retrieval and
- Preparation of payroll inputs to ensure all employee matters affecting monthly payrolls are summited in time
- Assist in Staff Clearance and computation of terminal dues for employees for timely processing of the
- support recruitment and induction process as need arises to provide a seamless process
- Perform any other task as assigned by the Human Resource Officer
Skills and Competencies
The candidate must:
- Have an understanding of the Kenya Labour laws
- Be computer literate and have analytical ability
- Have knowledge of operating standard office equipment with demonstrated ability to perform a wide range of administrative and office support
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Minutes taking and writing skills
- Have good Interpersonal skills
- Have commitment and good work ethics
- Be ready to take up additional responsibilities
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send two (2) copies of their application for the above position. Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor Pwani University
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should also include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Persons living with disability should attach a copy of their National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) Registration Card.
Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 12th March 2021. Applications received later than this date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.