RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, legal advocacy, and vocational training. RefuSHE’s holistic program meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a U.S. nonprofit with headquarters in Chicago and operations in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past twelve years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
Position Title: Driver (National)
Supervisor: Logistics Assistant
- Maintain all safety and security measures to all vehicles;
- On a daily basis, check level of motor oil, water, tyre pressure, battery water and brakes to ensure that all are in working order on a daily basis. Ensure that there is a spare tyre, jack and other necessary tools; fire extinguisher and first aid kits
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and regularly serviced as per schedules
- Provide safe and timely transport services to staff and participants as assigned
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle insurance policy is valid and observe proper procedure for insurance claims are followed in the event of an accident
- Ensure that RK vehicles comply with G.o.K and County Government transport regulations.
- Complete the logbook for every day trips or specific trip and complete the fuel log sheet for any fuel purchases
- In consultation with the Logistics officer and/or Administration Manager, coordinate vehicle allocation to staff.
- Provide monthly and quarterly usage report of vehicle including total mileage and fuel consumption
- Ensure that all vehicle trips are authorized in advance by the Administration Manager and/or logistics assistant.
- Ensure that vehicle keys and documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure proper vehicle handover while proceeding on leave or off duty
- Comply with all relevant RefuSHE Kenya policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security and other relevant policies.
- Responsible for RefuSHE Kenya staff and beneficiaries security in the vehicle by using the most convenient, safe and reliable routes/roads.
- Timely reporting to the Logistics Assistant of incidences or accidents that involve RefuSHE Kenya assigned vehicle in your use
- Support the administration office in dispatching and collecting of mails from the post office and running any other official errand as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Any other lawful duties as assigned by your supervisor.
· Proven over 5 years’ experience in driving.
· Valid driving license of class ABCE.
· Current certificate of good conduct.
· Good command of English both oral and written.
· Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Good planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex and diverse tasks.
· Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
· Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work well in a team.
· Commitment to RK’s safeguarding and other policies on child protection.
How to Apply
Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com indicating the position title in the email subject as “Application for Driver Position” by close of business 5th March 2021. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV plus other relevant credentials. Kindly indicate your current and expected remuneration.
Please note, shortlisting shall be done on a rolling basis.
Human Resources & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted