Risk & Assurance Officer Job, Finance Jobs March,
RISK AND ASSURANCE OFFICER- (RAO/03/2021)
Overall Role Purpose:
Under the supervision of Head of Finance, this position serves as the risk champion at the academy and coordinates the planning, collection, compilation and follow through the resolution of risks with various risk owners.
This position is also responsible for reviewing controls processes and systems across the academy and proposing improvements.
Together with Head of Finance, the Risk and Assurance officer will provide education to staff regarding risk, controls and processes improvement programs.
Enterprise Risk Management
• Identification, measuring, managing and reporting risks across the academy.
• Helping develop processes to better evaluate academic-specific risks.
• Monitoring important as well as critical risk issues for Senior Management and board reporting.
• Conducting risk and compliance assessments.
• Coordinating and scheduling required compliance training for employees.
• Act as the secretary to the Risk Management Committee.
Controls and Assurance
• Objectively assess the academy state of internal controls, processes, ICT systems and make improvement recommendations.
• Assess the academy compliance with all the relevant statutory obligations.
• Compile and maintain a register of all academy statutory obligations with due dates.
• Identify shortfalls or gaps in processes and ICT systems and communicate findings and recommendations.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Audit, Enterprise risk Management or an equivalent field.
• Postgraduate Certificate in Enterprise risk Management, Audit or a related area of study will be a distinct advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience doing similar work.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Organizing and prioritization
• Proper Judgement
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional integrity
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to interact at various organizational levels
Terms of Engagement
• This appointment will be on a contract basis
How to Apply
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position,contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered. The closing date for the applications is C.O.B Wednesday 20th March, 2021