Roses Farm Manager Job, Current Agricultural Jobs,
Title: Farm Manager (Roses)
Location: Nakuru County
Our client is an established flower farm based in Nakuru County. We are recruiting for an experienced Farm Manager to head the production of roses in a 55 ha (hectares) greenhouse production area for export of fresh cut roses.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly skilled, self-motivated and charismatic Farm Production Manager with a strong bias for management skills in implementing crop production process from planning, harvest to post harvest. You should have at least 3 year of experience in a similar role, growing under IPM and on a farm producing for direct market.
- Will constitute part of Senior Management Team
- Motivating and coaching the Production Team
- Direct oversight accountability of all activities in the field and pack-house to ensure high quality Roses for the markets.
- Meeting production targets, weekly, monthly and annually.
- Making production projections and budget control within the available resources.
- Green house management with crop management and husbandry adhering to good agronomic practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- BSc Agriculture / MSc Agriculture from a reputable institution
- Analytical and thorough in approach to problems and opportunities
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 – 6 years of growing experience in Kenya Rose farm
- Good command of the English language
- Product knowledge of the European roses market is an advantage
- Skills required: crop agronomy (Roses), Crop protection, making annual and monthly production budget, crop nutrition and irrigation planning. Ability to make production and cost budgets.
- The ideal candidate should be willing to stay at the farm.
- Preferred Candidates: Both international and Kenyan jobseekers who qualify are invited to apply
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Farm Manager – Roses) to email@example.com.
Shortlisting will be continuous until the vacancy is filled.