Reporting to the Head of Department; Credit & Customer Billing, the individual is responsible for ensuring that the company debt portfolio is maintained at acceptable levels on Digital lending products segment through timely debt follow-up, early recognition and reporting of problem accounts/ portfolios
- To partner with internal resources; Credit portfolio manager, scoring and product management teams to ensure return on capital invested through timely collection of debt, customer retention through effective acquisition process and growth in digital products through well-defined customer journeys;
- Ensuring return on capital invested. Customer retention through effective customer acquisition process;
- Lead role in effective execution of Key sectional/Departmental Initiatives and process towards support of business units and maximize cash collection;
- Be instrumental in ensuring customer retention through effective debtors’ accounts management;
- Take part in the definition of digital products customer journeys and collection strategy for each digital product to optimize cash collection;
- Coordinate & supervise outbound calling activities to maximize Support towards enhanced cash collection;
- Maximize revenue collection through diligent adherence of processes, established company policies and tools necessary to deliver forecasted collections in the respective debt portfolio;
- Ensure timely reporting of related portfolio debt performance information to relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure that all new products meet the necessary parameters of collection and recovery by engaging the business units and the big data team and ensure regular feedback on performance and improvement areas after launch;
- Oversee the debt management process, debtor’s portfolio and ensure all collection targets are adhered to and ensure that the debt portfolio does not go above the set NPL;
- Ensure all customers queries are resolved within the stipulated Service Level Agreements in achieving & sustaining a high customer delight Index (CDI); and
- Develop a high performing and motivated team and guide staff to achieve their career goals.
- First Degree in a relevant business discipline
- Diploma in Credit Management is an added advantage
- 5-6 years’ experience in an administrative and/ or account management role in credit/debt management
- Proven experience in understanding on debt acquisition and management
- Proven experience in team leadership
- Demonstratable strong numeric and analytical skills
- Proven communication and presentation skills, including messaging skills, applied confidently and consistently in a high pressure environment
- Organizational and project management experience and the drive to lead projects to successful outcomes
- Effective networking skills and the clear experience quickly building trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.