Senior Security Assistant Job, Current Security Jobs,
Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for Senior Security Assistant Position for one of our clients.
DURATION: 3 months (Possibility of extension performance of the staff, continued work needs and availability of budget to support the associated costs.
The Senior Security Assistant assists in the implementation of security operations, programs and other matters relating to the management of safety and security.
The successful candidate will fully support the Chief Regional Security Officer in the execution of their security responsibilities at the assigned duty station and this includes acting in support of the collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of Security Threat Information with a primary focus on Armed Conflict, Terrorism, Civil Unrest, Crime and Hazards.
Information collation and analysis:
- Collate and prepare annual data to contribute to Country and Area Security Risk Assessments
- Prepare and update residential mapping database
- Prepare security data for the purposes of incident and operational mapping
- Assist in the production of analytic assessments by providing input based on knowledge of the host country/region
- Assists in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country/region
- Ensure all mandatory reports and documents are updated in a timely manner
- Oversee the security guarding contract, ensuring that the private security company understands and enforces the access control procedures
- Supervise, mentor, and build the capacity of security officers/agents, as appropriate
- Monitor Control Room operations and technical security systems, making recommendations to improve access and key control procedures
- Control, organize and supervise access to facilities in collaboration with appropriate staff and related third parties
- Implement and monitor the visitor management program
- Contribute to Access Control Policies and Standards
- Recommend initiatives/solutions to improve access control to the premises
Facilities Monitoring and Control:
- Coordinate building security checks to ensure that they are carried out as frequently as necessary
- Liaise with the security guard company to ensure that services provided meet the laid down standards
- Organize and control security for special events organized by the institution
- Review and analyse data from access control and building management systems to make recommendations to improve the overall security posture of the premises
- Monitor fire safety systems, ensuring they are operational and compliant
- Contribute to the development of security procedures and policies, including emergency procedures, crisis management, training of floor wardens and first aiders, etc.
- Observe areas immediately surrounding the measures
- Implement measures prescribed to deter and detect fraudulent activities from inside and outside the premises
- Work closely with Chief Security Officer to ensure timely and effective facilities management, particularly as regards the health, safety and security of staff
- Implement protective and preventive security measures against terrorist attacks, as directed
- Collect information from victim(s) and provide immediate assistance, as required
- Review incident reports periodically to ensure that a high quality of records is maintained
- Collaborate with external parties and partners in the management of incidents
- Request the update of residential information on security databases as and when necessary
- On request, conduct residential security surveys and provide recommendations for improvements to staff members
- Maintain the residential mapping database
- Manage the Residential Alarm Program
- Contribute to the development of methodologies for residential assessments
- Four years’ experience in security services with a certificate of good conduct from the criminal department in Kenya obtained within a period not more than twelve (12) months Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Security or any other related subject
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO or International Organization will be an added advantage
- Completion of guard/military/police training
- First aid and fire safety competency
- Basic competency in technical security systems and control room operations
- Experience in executive protect and/or event security
- Knowledge of host country safety codes
- Knowledge of Security Threat Information processes
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st April 2021. Clearly indicate the job title.