Public Communications Officer Job, Current Communication Jobs, County Government Jobs March,
REF: SCPSB/08/02/2021 PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER I J.G CPSB 09 ‘K’
Positions: – 1
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathering information on programmes and significant events, editing stories on topical issues in a specific sectoral area.
- Liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern.
- Scheduling interviews with county government officials and managing assigned projects and programmes under the guidance of the head of the Unit/Section.
- Receiving news from sub counties/wards, translating, and writing of features.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
For appointment to this post, a candidate must:-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines.
- Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Sciences or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/Institution;
- Have served in the grade of Public Communications Officer II or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a post graduate diploma in any of the following disciplines, in the case of holders of general social science degrees: mass Communication, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism, International Relations or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognised institution/University; and
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Be proficient in Information Communication Technology including use of internet and intranet services.
- Meet requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
All applicants are expected to present the following additional documents during interviews for purpose of complying with the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
- ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the application formwith position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
- Courier and Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Board’s office at Ardhi House 1stfloor, Bondo.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach the Board on or before Monday, 15th March 2021 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth, Persons with Disability, Marginalized Groups and Non-Dominant Communities are encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- WARNING BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS:Siaya County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor Charge ANY FEE at any stage of recruitment and selection process. In case of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.
- Our official communication channels are email address;email@example.com and phone number 0710383877 ONLY.