News Editor Job, Media Jobs March , Communication Jobs 2021
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
Position Title: News Editor re-advertisement
Reporting to: Supervising News Editor
Job Location: Nairobi
Reporting to the Supervising News Editor the job holder will be responsible for coordinating news gathering operations as well as producing various news and current affairs shows for the company.
- Leading editorial meetings.
- Supervising ENG Reporters and assigning stories ENG Reporters.
- Vetting pitches, improving on story ideas. Improving ENG Reporters scripts and deliverables.
- Securing interviews that promote the news product
- Editing scripts (format adherence, fact checking, redundancy etc.) and ensuring they meet the house style.
- Quality control of news productions. Watching produced clips/documentaries/features/shows and ensuring house style is met.
- Creating a news roster of deliverables and dates. Ensuring deadlines are adhered to.
- Reviewing performance of ENG Reporters. Leading pre-production and post-production with assigned crew i.e. ENG Reporters and Cameraman.
- Monitor news feeds and create a vibrant news/features docket.
- Develop original content including news shows that build channel viewership
- Ensure timely delivery of bulletin/editorial content by anchor/host(s)
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Head of Department
- University Degree in Journalism or a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years relevant experience in a busy news environment, preferably a television station.
- Impeccable command of English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work long odd hours
- Excellent Editing skills
- People management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news, widely knowledgeable & attention to detail
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers , so as to reach us not later than Tuesday 31st March 2021. Interviews are being conducted on a daily basis for the shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.