Livestock Production Officer Job, County Government Jobs 2021,
Position: Livestock Production Officer, Job Group ‘K’ (1 POST)
Location: Tana River County
- Preparinglivestock technical information;
- Providingtechnical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, apiculture, and ranching;
- Promotingeconomic livestock farming;
- Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows,field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits;
- Participating incollaborative research activities;
- Disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housingand structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation;
- Implementinglivestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions; and
- Capturing,maintaining and storing livestock
For appointment to this grade, candidates must have: –
- Bachelor’sdegree in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology, or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized Institution; and
- Certificatein Computer
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101 HOLA
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 23rd March, 2021.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Tana River County Public Service Board is a credible government institution and therefore all its recruitments are devoid of any payments. You are hereby advised not to entertain fraudsters purporting to be employees of the Board promising to assist you have your appointment letter processed at a fee.