- The person in this functional role will need to be knowledgeable in all aspects of design and implementation of complex security infrastructure architectures.
- The role will perform the design and assist in the integration of new projects, and be expected to keep up-to-date with the latest Security trends in (but not necessarily limited to): Authentication & Authorization, Access & Identity Management, Image Hardening, Auditing, Encryption and DevOps.
- Champion research and development (R&D) efforts in the Technology Security space, thus channeling input into the Security Strategy & Innovation Roadmap
- Take part in the design and implementation of changes to the Systems Security components as needed by Technology Division.
- Lead specialist forensic investigations and information security event analysis
- Provide thought leadership in implementing hacker detection techniques
- Lead efforts in re-engineering current processes & procedures with a view to reduce Security Opex costs
- Ensure the delivery of secure-by-default designs and provide input into the products & services development lifecycle
- Provide training, knowledge, general advice and capacity building within the enterprise on topics related to Technology Security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/Technology Management (or equivalent) from a recognized university;
- Minimum of 4 years System Security experience – in Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments, IDS/Firewalls/VPN administration, Content Filters, Security Scanning tools, Network and Systems Administration.
- Minimum of 1-year focused Security experience in Incident Management/Intrusion Analysis/Reverse Engineering.
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISM/CISA/CISSP/CEH/CCSP
- Advanced Networking Competencies: CCNA/CCNP
- Proven hands-on experience in Microsoft & *nix Operating Systems
- Experience in the use of vulnerability assessment tools
- Proven experience in Cloud Technologies: Cisco UCS, EMC and VMware
- Broad familiarity with Security Technologies within other disciplines is a definite bonus
- Familiarity with Information Security Management Systems and Standards (ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of these technologies or domains will be an added advantage: Cloud Technologies (Cisco UCS, EMC and VMware), CMS (Joomla, WordPress and PHPBB), Apache, PHP, cPanel and ModSecurity
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.