Orthopaedic Job, Medical Jobs 2021,
Role Summary: Reporting to the Head of Surgical Services, the Consultant -Orthopaedic job exists to coordinate and provide Orthopaedic services, coordinate Orthopaedic surgery research and training at Tenwek Hospital.
The right candidate will be required to:
- Assist in the planning for all orthopaedic surgery services and resources required in the orthopedic surgery unit of the hospital; and participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning of the hospital.
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of the hospital strategic plan in the orthopedic surgery unit within its vision, mission and culture and other national and international healthcare frameworks.
- Offer advice to ensure that orthopedic surgery unit of the hospital has all the required human and non-human resources required to offer orthopedic surgical services, research and training in the hospital.
- Assist in coordination and provision of orthopedic surgical services and services delivery in the orthopedic surgery unit of the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards and compliance in the hospital.
- Assist in coordination of orthopedic surgery referral services within and without the hospital according to the orthopedic surgery services needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and units and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
- Assist in the supervision of orthopedic surgery staff together with their services, in the orthopedic surgery unit of the hospital to ensure that they offer timely orthopedic services within the expected standards, complying with the established ethics and regulations in the hospital.
- Assist in coordination of continuous training and development of orthopedic surgery unit staff for their effective and efficient performance and productivity in the hospital. Coordinate and provide medical research and training within the orthopedic unit of the hospital.
- Assist in the provision of specialized orthopedic surgery services’ advice to the hospital executive and other sections/units and the general public in the appropriate media.
- Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue (s) or perform extensive surgery, when required by patients in the hospital.
- Monitor and evaluate progress and achievement of the orthopedic surgery unit and services, research and training programs in the hospital, prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
- Master of Medicine in Orthopaedic Surgery or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance indemnity cover
How to Apply
The Human Resource Director,
P.O. Box 39 – 20400,
Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com by 19th March, 2021
Due to the volumes of applications. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.