Radiologist Consultant Job, Medical Jobs 2021,
Role Summary: Reporting to the Head of Diagnostic & Ancillary Services, the coordinate and provide specialized radiology an imaging services, coordinate radiology and imaging services research and training at Tenwek Hospital.
The right candidate will be required to:
- Directs and coordinates activities of the diagnostic imaging department.
- Reviews work schedules and assigns duties to workers within the department to maintain patient floe and achieve productivity.
- Oversees staff in operation of medical equipment
- Evaluates accuracy and quality of images and provides technical assistant to staff.
- Implements and monitors radiation safety measures to ensure safety of patients and staff and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
- Develops and implements plans, policies and procedures regarding staffing, operations and purchase of radiological/ diagnostic and interventional supplies.
- Plan for all diagnostic imaging services and resources in the radiology department of the hospital in collaboration with Radiology Department of various learning institutions
- Participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning of the hospital.
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of the hospital strategic plan in the
- imaging/radiology department within the framework of the vision, mission and culture/philosophy of the hospital and other national and international healthcare frameworks.
- Chair radiology department referral, research and training matters in the hospital and act as its contact person.
- Ensure that radiology department of the hospital has all the required human and non-human resources required to offer radiology services, research and training in the hospital.
- Participate in the recruitment, evaluation, employee relations action and processes of radiology staff in the hospital.
- Coordinate and ensure uninterrupted provision of imaging and interventional services in the radiology department of the hospital ensuring that they meet the prescribed quality and procedural standards.
- Coordinate and manage radiological referral services within and out of the hospital according to the imaging needs and in collaboration with other hospital sections and departments and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
- Supervise radiology staff together with their services, in the radiology department of the hospital to ensure that they offer timely radiology services within the expected standards of quantity complying with the established ethics and regulations.
- Ensure and coordinate continuous professional education and development within the department for effective and efficient performance and productivity.
- Coordinate and provide radiological research and training within the hospital.
- Provide the hospital executive and management with relevant radiological andimaging counsel and advice in the field of imaging.
- Cooperate with other clinical disciplines in multidisciplinary teams.
- Prepare tools and regularly perform periodic monitoring and evaluation within the imaging department.
- Spearhead research, source for opportunities and collaborations with relevant bodies, organizations and institutions.
- Perform any other duty given from time to time.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
- Masters of Medicine in Radiology from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover
How to Apply
The Human Resource Director,
P.O. Box 39 – 20400,
Applications should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th March, 2021
Due to the volumes of applications. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.