Terms of Reference
High-Profile Supporter Relationship Officer
(Nairobi), IICA-2 (UNOPS)
Private Sector Partnerships Service, Africa,
UNHCR Established in 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. The organization has staff in more than 130 countries work to help the 80.5 million people who are forcibly displaced today. Based within the Regional Bureau for East, Horn and Great Lakes in Nairobi and managed by the Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) in close collaboration with expert support from the Goodwill Ambassador (GWA) team. This role seeks to maximise the reach and impact of high profile supporters specifically for the LuQuLuQu campaign in order to leverage the fundraising, communications and advocacy goals of UNHCR.
In consultation with the GWA Team, relevant DER colleagues and reporting functionally and administratively to PSP Africa, this role will steward and manage Goodwill Ambassadors and celebrity supporters for the LuQuLuQu Campaign to amplify public engagement and fundraising. Further, the role will project-manage specific celebrity support in the context of the LuQuLuQu campaign and where possible and in agreement from PI’s and GWA team, will also include requests for World Refugee Day, #WithRefugees, the Nansen Refugee Award and other events as required.
- Title: High-Profile Supporter Relationship Officer (Nairobi)
- Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract Type: International Specialist (UNOPS IICA2), equivalent P3
- Duration: 15 April 2021 (or as soon as possible) – 31 December 2021
- Application start date: 19 March 2021
- Application closing date: 5 April 2021
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief of PSP Africa, the incumbent will assist in the following:
• Relationship management: coordinate the day to day activities of existing regional high-profile supporters who are recruited specifically to support for the LuQuLuQu campaign, and in support of 3 key organizational objectives: advocacy, fundraising and awareness raising;
• To work closely with the PSP Communication and Content Team to support the production of fundraising communication assets featuring supporters;
• To act as journey lead on specified field missions with high profile supporters for the LuQuLuQu campaign ensuring objectives are delivered (for example production of high-quality social media, media and video);
• To provide advice and support to staff acting as focal points to GWA and national High-profile supporters, to provide opportunities for them to support the LuQuLuQu campaign in Africa (subject to their availability and other activities);
• To deliver high profile support with a focus on the LuQuLuQu Campaign for specific fundraising and communications campaigns and partnerships, including corporate partnerships, emergency campaigns and digital initiatives;
• In consultation with GWA and PSP and Bureau to prospect and recruit new high-profile supporters for the LuQuLuQu campaign for UNHCR;
• To include the GWA team in reports on a regular basis, and to monitor and evaluate the impact of high-profile supporter engagement for the LuQuLuQu campaign, to demonstrate the Return on Investment (ROI);
• To ensure that all high-profile supporter activity and relationships for the LuQuLuQu campaign are managed within the broader UNHCR GWA Guidelines and protocols;
• To consult and seek advice from the GWA Team and to monitor and mitigate all risk, in due consultation with PSP, PI and the GWA Team;
• To protect UNHCR’s reputation and to avoid conflicts of interest or competing outputs/requests;
• To manage all information and data related to the LuQuLuQu campaign’s high-profile supporters in a professional and discrete manner, and in line with data protection law and UNHCR values. Monitoring and progress control:
• Produce clear stewardship of LuQuLuQu high level supporters.
• To help produce PSP Africa & LuQuLuQu assets featuring high profile supporters
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required:
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
• University degree (BA/BSc) in Public Relations, Political Science, Communication, Business Administration or other related fields.
B. Work Experience:
Minimum 6 years’ experience with a relevant Undergraduate, or 5 years’ experience with a relevant Master’s degree in the following:
• VIP or high-profile supporter recruitment and management in a cause related environment;
• Managing high-profile supporter projects with multi-media components including broadcast, print, film, photographic and digital;
• Project managing VIP and/or high-profile supporter events;
• Working with talent agents, publicist and managers within Africa or Globally to reach mutually agreed outcomes;
• Experience of international development, including hosting VIPs on field missions
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to steward high profile relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver communications and fundraising goals via celebrity support.
• Strong project management skills.
• Innovation and creativity.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Technological literacy and ability to apply celebrity support via digital engagement techniques.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Knowledge of fundraising techniques.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with international team members. •
Languages: Required: fluency in written and spoken English o French is desirable.
The successful candidate will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position starts in Mid April 2021 (or as soon as possible) and it is a full-time role.
How to Apply
To learn and to apply, visit https://bit.ly/3lyalm1 .
Closing date for applications: 5 April 2021.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity