Arabic Chef Job, Latest Hotel Jobs,
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the incumbent will assist in the management of Kitchen Operations and is in charge of the day-to-day operation of respective kitchen in the hotel. He / She will ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained, and all food is prepared and served according to the standards set by themselves and the Executive Chef. He / She will also ensure HACCP is implemented and practiced and will be required to familiarize with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Help to direct, control and co-ordinate the activities of all Chefs and kitchen attendants, engaged in preparing and cooking food, so as to ensure an efficient, profitable and smooth food service, at all times.
- Be in charge of all respective kitchen work.
- Inspect storerooms, refrigerators and freezers on a daily basis, to ensure no wastage.
- Assist the Executive Chef to control cost by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and portion control.
- Ensure outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
- Check the quality and quantity of food received from the markets and stores.
- Always look for cost saving and environmental ideas.
- Assist in the operation of their outlet/dependant outlets, at an acceptable food and staff cost.
- Maximize employee’s productivity, in order to minimize payroll cost.
- Monitor all Kitchen operating costs and take corrective action, when necessary to reduce expenses.
- Ensure that all food is prepared and served according to the standards set by themselves and the Executive Chef.
- Produce and check cooking and presentation of food.
- Make sure standard recipes are used, and food is presented according to pictorials.
- Make sure that all machines, furniture (fridges, benches, etc.), equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times. Check all area assigned to him in regards to sanitation and hygiene, to prevent contamination of any kind.
- Ensure the Kitchen complies with health and safety standards as to prevent accidents.
- Participate in kitchen departmental meetings.
- Ensure lines of communication within the outlet kitchen are effective.
- Maintain excellent interdepartmental communication to avoid frictions of any kind.
- Represent the culinary team in an excellent manner when in the public areas.
- Plan and implement effective skills and communication training programmes in conjunction with the Training Department and Departmental Trainers.
- Maximise employee productivity and moral, and consistently maintain discipline, following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Motivate all staff to perform their duties by demonstrating professionalism, organisational skill and team spirit.
- Ensure all staff adheres to grooming and presentation standards.
- Report all accidents, health and safety hazards to Executive Chef.
- Follow up and keep a tidy control over function and event orders.
- In charge of food requisitions, orders and inter-kitchen transfers.
- Instigate maintenance requests if necessary, and check on completion.
- Responsible for the duty roster, staff leave and attendance record.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Ensure HACCP is implemented and practiced in the department.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Minimum 5 years kitchen experience with hands-on experience in Arabic cuisine.
- Minimum 2 years in kitchen management role, preferably with an international 5* Hotel chain.
- Experience in a standalone F&B operation is beneficial.
- International experience is preferred.
- Banqueting experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applying a professional, confidential, and ethical approach at all times.
How to Apply