Procurement Internship, Latest Internships,
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
Job title: Procurement intern (Internship)
Contract type/grade: Intern
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Date of issue: 22 March 2021
Closing date: 04 April 2021
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. FEMALE CANDIDATEES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Assist in posting Expression of Interest (EOI) and Request for Information (RFI) advertisements on
- Supplier submissions and current details are recorded in the electronic registry in their respective folders for ease of
- Assist in running periodic checks for suppliers in the UN sanctions list via the Contractor Information Management System (CIMS)
- Assist in preparation of meeting minutes and presentation of supplier submissions to the Vendor Management Committee (VMC) for
- Periodic update of the supplier roster with new approved submissions by the
- Assist in sending out registration status to suppliers I.e. for Intend registration or submission of missing documents for
- Assist in compilation of supplier tender participation
- Any other related duties as assigned
- currently enrolled in an undergraduate programme (e.g. bachelor’s degree) from a recognized university and attended classes in the past 12
- currently enrolled in a graduate programme (e.g. master’s degree) from a recognized university and have attended classes in the past 12
- Currently undertaking Supply Chain, Procurement or Logistics as your University subject
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a Additional UN language is an added advantage
- Ability to provide weekly reports on supplier document submission
- Ability to prepare monthly tender participation
- Ability to Update supplier roster with current contact details and documents in the respective
- Ability to present a case to Vendor Management Committee for new suppliers or as
Terms and Conditions
- Upon selection, a proof of enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled in a course of study and your expected date of graduation and if you have graduated, a certified copy of your
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E- Recruitment using the link below: