Workshop & Logistics Manager Job, Latest Logistics Jobs,
Title: Workshop and Logistics Manager
Industry: Mechanical Engineering
Location: Nakuru County
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Our client is an established flower farm based in Nakuru County. We are recruiting for an experienced Workshop and Logistics Manager to service the automotive workshop and coordinate company logistics.
To take responsibility for the provision of an efficient and effective workshop/bodyshop and on site operation as well as fleet management in accordance with the policy determined by the organization, and to undertake the full range of duties of a multi skilled Mechanic.
Duties And Responsibilities
- To ensure the efficient and effective use of staff, workshop facilities and equipment.
- To determine the organization’s needs and respond as necessary in accordance with directions issued, including booking in vehicles for maintenance, repair and bodywork.
- To advise on best methods of repair and determine repair times in consultation with the Administrator as well as vehicle manufacturers’ information.
- To ensure service and repair targets are met.
- To ensure financial targets are met within own sphere of responsibility, maintaining minimal stock of parts, authorizing orders up to the prescribed limit.
- To liaise with the Administrator on issues affecting availability of parts, and to take responsibility for parts ordering.
- To operate and successfully conduct the creation and updating of job sheets; allocation of work to individual members of staff by inserting employee numbers; enter start and time finished on jobs; recording of vehicle downtime; ordering of parts and equipment against job sheet numbers, receipt of parts and equipment; transfer of parts and equipment and recording of labour to jobs.
- To communicate with external repair agencies as necessary.
- To maintain security of the workshop.
- To ensure workshop vehicles are maintained in a clean, safe and tidy condition, and vehicle log sheets are functional.
- To undertake the full range of duties of a multi skilled Mechanic maintaining / repairing all types of vehicles and plant, including welding, electrical work, body work, paint spraying etc and attend breakdowns wherever they occur.
- To undertake fabrication work and adaptations to equipment as necessary.
- To effectively manage the transport logistics issues of the organization
- To undertake statutory training as may be required and product training by consultation.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Automotive Engineering/ or Transport Management and Logistics related subjects will be considered
- 6 to 10 years of relevant experience especially the latest technology relating to a mechanical workshop, plant and Fleet maintenance and operations.
- Knowledge of standards and regulations associated with the mechanical workshop plant and fleet.
- Good knowledge of Earthmoving machinery, equipment, electronic diesel engines, hydraulics.
- Skilled worker class 1 Diesel Plant Fitter
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work in remote areas and camp sites.
- Ability to recognize problems/issues, analyse, formulate and implement appropriate solutions, particularly as it relates to Transport and Plant management.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Workshop operations and associated equipment.
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Workshop Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4th April 2021.
Shortlisting will be continuous until the vacancy is filled.