Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Chief of Party, USAID Advancing Nutrition Kenya. The role holder will provide technical leadership and program management of USAID Advancing Nutrition (USAID AN) Activity in Kenya, with Core accountabilities of program planning, implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting. Management of all personnel, finance, and operations of USAID Advancing Nutrition in Kenya. He/she shall cultivate excellent relationships with USAID, USAID implementing partners, relevant ministry officials, local government officials, and community leaders. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
USAID AN is the USAID’s flagship multi-sectoral nutrition project, led by the JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of partners. USAID AN implements multi-sectoral nutrition interventions and provides technical support to USAID and its partners. USAID and build local capacity, support behavior change, and strengthen the enabling environment for nutrition. Save the Children is the lead implementing partner for USAID AN in Kenya.
USAID/Kenya engaged USAID Advancing Nutrition for a two-year Activity to support the capacity of local stakeholders and organizations to implement multi-sectoral nutrition agendas and plans at the national and county levels. USAID would like the project to help amplify the voices of the vulnerable at county and national levels and strengthen the capacity of stakeholders to advocate for improved nutrition for the most vulnerable. The project will be implemented in Kakamega, Kisumu and Kitui. USAID AN will also support national level coordination of multi-sectoral nutrition and facilitate provision of technical support by the national government during implementation of the project.
USAID AN has undertaken scoping and landscape analysis exercise and the findings will be validated and enhanced during a co-creation process with USAID/Kenya and in-country stakeholders, including county and national government, private sector, and civil society. The expected outcome of co-creation sessions will be a jointly created work plan including activities, monitoring and evaluation, and budget, to be approved by USAID/Kenya.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in nutrition, public health, social sciences, international development, or a related field; Ph.D. or M.D. preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience leading, managing and implementing large international development projects in nutrition, health policy, capacity strengthening, governance, behaviour change communication, community development, food security and/or agriculture.
- At least 8-10 of professional experience working in Kenya, especially with the Ministry of Health and county governments.
- Strong knowledge of multi-sectoral nutrition programming and coordination mechanisms in Kenya, including the health system; health facility- and community-based nutrition services; and nutrition-sensitive agriculture and livelihood interventions.
- Demonstrated success across project management: co-creation process; strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight; relationship management with multiple clients; oversight of program monitoring and evaluation; and documentation of results for USAID-funded programs.
- Superior leadership, management and communication skills to lead a USAID-funded multi-sectoral nutrition project. This includes professional experience interacting with the USAID/KEA Mission, Kenya national and county government, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to supervise and mentor staff from different cultures.
- Working knowledge of virtual communication platforms: Microsoft Teams, Google Meets, Zoom; Microsoft software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to prepare and disseminate project findings, success stories and other documents effectively.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uMjMyODUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ…