Warehouse Lead Job, Latest Logistics Jobs
Role title: Warehouse Lead
The Warehouse Lead will provide key services to support the Logistics function. This includes effectively supporting the needs of the logistics team in meeting product delivery needs across the region and hubs of operation. Additionally, liaising with the Logistics Officer to ensure the warehouse is organized efficiently, both in operations and capacity.
The successful hires will be based in our warehouses around South Rift / Nyanza and report to the Logistics Officer.
There are two positions available for this role.
- Execute purchase and delivery orders, follow up and facilitate reverse logistics processes such as late, failed and bulky deliveries with a keen eye on the need for extra capacity;
- Ensure consistent delivery timings and proper coordination of shift schedules for warehouse clerks and drivers;
- Communicate with other warehouses and Branch Managers to plan deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and cost efficiency in transportation. You will be the main contact point for the local team internally but also externally, trouble shooting when required for the sales teams who you serve;
- Audit various order flow processes and documents the same on the system. Reallocate orders on the system, based on the availability of products and make follow ups to ensure completion of deliveries;
- Complete monthly product cycle counts and reconcile stock with a critical eye on movements such as refills, demos and gifts. Assist in sorting out of weekly and monthly variances of stock sent to hubs and GCs;
- Review on the quality of goods stored in the warehouse periodically during cycle counts; Ensure adherence to proper and systematic stacking and unstacking protocols, as well as proper labelling of stacks in the warehouse to ensure every stock is countable in less than a minute;
- Advance training to the rest of the warehouse team in consultation with the training team on warehousing operations as well as safety requirements;
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor or his/her designate.
- You are passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country;
- You have the abilities and experience to make an excellent team leader, driven by operation excellence in delivering logistics tasks;
- You have prior 2 years warehousing experience or a similar role;
- You are excited about working in a multi-cultural environment, value diversity and are respectful to others;
- You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients and within teams;
- You are self-driven, highly organized, and able to operate independently towards set targets;
- You have excellent listening skills and strong customer service orientation;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- You possess high levels of integrity and accountability for company resources;
- You have strong IT proficiency particularly working with Excel;
- You hold a Diploma in a relevant field such as Business Management, Purchasing and Supplies, Social Work, Community Development etc.
How to apply
- Starting gross salary at Ksh. 30,000 to 35,000 per month, based on the level of experience;
- Applicants should submit their updated CV and Cover Letter in PDF format;
- Deadline for submitting applications 5 pm, 6th April 2021;
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Bidhaa Sasa never asks candidates to pay any application fees.