Sales Team Leader Job, Sales & Marketing Jobs 2021,
Job Title: Sales Team Leader
Reports to: Sales and Business Development Director
Department: Sales & Business Development
Our Client, a leading Mobile Micro Lending company that offers salary advances and short term loans seeks to recruit a Sales Team Leader.
The Sales Team Leader will be responsible for executing the companies’ effective sales and business growth strategy. They will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of the sales team and will be required to direct the activities of all sales resources in the company with a view to driving growth in number and value of loans disbursed, revenue growth and collection of loans. In addition, the Sales Team Leader will also be responsible for actively reviewing existing products and services to ensure that the company remains competitive and aligned to its core target market’s needs while also introducing new products to the markets based on changing customer and market trends. The role will be expected to lead by example and spend a significant portion of his/her time driving sales activities on the ground to meet their own personal sales targets.
- Play an active role in the development of the company’s sales and business growth strategy. This includes actively reviewing existing products and services to ensure they remain highly competitive and differentiated while also making recommendations on new products and services based on changing customer and market trends
- Full responsibility for the execution of the agreed sales and business growth strategy
- Recruit, induct, train and develop a highly effective sales team
- Review and administer an effective sales incentive program to keep the sales team financial motivated
- Appraise and aggressively drive sales resource performance to ensure a high performing team at all times
- Direct the day-to-day sales activities of the company with a view to achieving daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales objectives
- Conduct weekly and daily sales meetings and briefs to ensure all sales resources remain engaged and focused on achieving sales objectives
- Actively prospect, pitch and acquire new employers to sign MOUs with and expand our captive market of employees
- Develop relevant sales materials and tools to ensure that the company is able to effectively pitch win new employers to sign MOUs
- Actively develop and execute effective strategies to engage employees on the ground to create awareness and uptake of the organizations products
- Develop relevant sales materials and tools to ensure that the company is able to effectively acquire new employees to take up the organizations loans
- Have a thorough understanding of the organizations products and services and the supporting policies and processes
- Be able to articulate each products core value proposition to the customer both verbally and in writing
- Have a thorough understanding of the organizations core target market
- Spend time on the ground engaging employees of MOU clients to drive uptake of the organizations products
- Ensure all loans sold are properly applied for and all requirements met by the applicants before presenting to Credit teams for approvals
- Follow up collection of loan instalments from clients by ensuring that instalments are paid through check off
- Where the instalments are missed or clients separated from employment then the role holder will be expected to follow up the borrower for recovery of the loan
- Customer service – ensure that the overall customer experience is positive and that the organizations meets all its brand promises to its customers – quick, no hassle loans!
- Always maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape of the organizations direct competitors, their price points. Product features etc. to enable the job holder effectively position and sell the organizations products
- University Degree – in a business or marketing field
- Post-secondary school diploma or professional qualification an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a sales role in a micro finance or credit only organization, bank, insurance company with a clear track record of successfully meeting challenging targets
How to apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Sales Team Leader on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.