Legal Officer II Job, Legal Jobs 2021,
JOB GROUP CPSB 08 (‘L’) (1 POST),
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 42,970 x 1,920 – 44,890 x 2,000 – 46,890 x 2,110 – 49,000 x 2,170 – 51,170 x 2,550 – 53,720 x 2,650 – 56,370 x 2,750 – 59,120 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable,
Reporting to: The County Attorney,
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties will entail:-
- Attending court to represent the County in both civil and criminal litigation;
- Developing County legislation including review of drafts bills, research on various pieces of legislation and departmental advisory on the legislative drafting;
- Preparing legal opinions and reviewing County legislation;
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues;
- Analyzing research data and compiling reports;
- Advising departments and agencies on various legal policy issues;
- Undertaking conveyancing duties on behalf of the County; and
- Any lawful other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Hold a Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate;
- Have post-admission experience of at least three (3) years;
- Be proficient in computer applications; and
- Have good standing with the Law Society of Kenya.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- ALL Serving Officers in the Public Service, MUST clearly indicate: –
- The Officer’s Payroll Number;
- Date of first appointment;
- Date of last promotion to the current grade;
- Substantive designation and Job Group; and
- The Officer’s respective public institution.
- During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and where applicable; current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill the Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on integrity and leadership, before appointment.
How To Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 28th April, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY