Studio Technician Job, Media Jobs 2021,
The holder of this position will provide technical support to teaching staff and students of the Department of Performing Arts, Film, Media and Economic Studies in practical classes and provide creative support for film and media production activities in the Department.
- Set up, operate and maintain equipment used in teaching courses at the department.
- Develop and update an inventory of all equipment used at the department.
- Provide technical support in camera operation, lighting set-up and design, audio recording, balancing, mixing and editing, studio recording, sound mixing.
- Maintain accurate records of usage of equipment and studio in the department.
- Participate in the accreditation and implementation of courses as per CUE guidelines.
- Participate in curricula review and development as guided by the Faculty Board.
- Initiate and forge strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in your area of practice.
- Manage available and assigned resources to ensure sustainability of programs.
- Represent Faculty in University committees/taskforces as directed by the Faculty Board.
- Develop and apply innovative and appropriate learning techniques and material which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
- Have a Diploma from an accredited and recognized institution in Broadcast Journalism, Mass Media, Film, Television, Telecommunication, or related fields.
- Two (2) years production/studio experience in a reputable production company or institution or similar relevant industry experience.
- Be registered or registerable with a relevant professional body.
- Proficiency in camera operations, audio operations, editing software, lighting design with a demo/portfolio to show previous work.
- Credits in current or previous television shows, radio shows and films will be an added advantage.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge, skills and attitude of an ethical media practitioner.
- Excellent writing, language and people-handling skills.
- Professional student-centric approach to learning.
- Commitment to quality teaching and assessment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Should exhibit leadership and team player capabilities.
- A strategic and critical thinker with ability to generate and implement new ideas.
- Demonstrate computer and design proficiency
- High standards of integrity
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV, and three references via email to email@example.com by 8th April 2021. KCAU staff are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.