Household Economic Strengthening Manager Job, NGO Jobs,
Job Title: Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Manager (1 Position)
Reports To: Programmes Director
Job Location: Any of the Following: Kakamega, Bungoma, Kisumu, Busia, & Siaya Counties
Position Type: Fixed Term of Two Years with the Possibility of Extension. (All Subject to Availability of Funds and Satisfactory Performance).
Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF) is implementing a five year USAID 4TheChild program targeting OVC, adolescent girls and young women in Western region of Kenya. The program is implemented in partnership with Moi University College of Health Sciences, and seeks to increase use of quality county-led health and social services in the target Counties working closely with National and County government structures.
The job holder will report to the Programmes Director (KCDF). The HES Manager will facilitate the achievement of 4 The Child Project outcomes through overall coordination and reporting on all project activities, including providing technical guidance and advisory support to the project staff, and local implementing partners (LIPs) on implementation and managing of farm and market enterprises, financial education, market opportunity identification/assessment, entrepreneurship and business development services. S/he will support LIPs to work closely with relevant county government departments, national government agencies, the private sector, and other technical experts, to strengthen household economic capacity towards graduation.
As HES Manager, your leadership, coordination, and relationship management skills will ensure that the project’s HES component for which you are responsible applies evidence-based interventions towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical leadership to LIPs on household economic interventions
- Support development of scopes of work in relation to HES Includes executing baselines and research in the area of HES to inform programming
- Work closely with the OVC and DREAMS Service Delivery Manager and System Strengthening Manager to adapt existing case management approaches to better support HES and develop tools and benchmarks to track household
- Lead and provide capacity strengthening to LIP staff and, where applicable, target communities through training, workshops, facilitated group interactions, as well as accompaniment through regular communication and site visits to support the successful implementation of HES project activities across the cluster
- Support LIPs and where applicable, communities to coordinate with government officials at all levels, strengthening appropriate coordination and technical support in implementation and follow-up of HES
- Build capacity of LIPs on livelihoods models to better manage enterprises and engage with established
- Work with County HES Technical Officers, LIPs and County program teams to enhance access to income, assets and health insurance for OVC, adolescents, girls, youth, women and their households
- Overall responsibility for building the capacity of LIPs, village savings groups in the seven steps of marketing (market analysis, access to information and inputs, working with financial institutions, business plan development) and guide County HES Coordinators and LIPS to link to local markets, existing associations, financial institutions, and companies working in the agriculture sector.
- Lead collaborative efforts with social entrepreneurs and other service providers, community philanthropists in fundraising and provision of community assets like livestock and crop products in order to encourage and support farm and market-based enterprises through community resource matching
- Lead and support LIPs in the identification of government procurement opportunities for youth, women, and persons with
- Lead and support LIPs in the identification of government vocational training education opportunities for target youth/OVC.
- Ensure use of appropriate project management tools to plan, review, and track implementing partners’ progress on HES
- Develop and maintain linkages with governments, organizations and projects that can support HES activities supported by LIPs.
- Create a culture of accountability and learning among team members under supervision and LIPs through regular monitoring to project sites, providing oversight of studies and assessments, and proper documentation of tools and promising practices to contribute to learning and building the evidence around household graduation, transition, and economic
- Overall responsibility to document project results and impacts in relation to household economic Includes consolidation of the project’s HES reports.
COMPETENCIES RELEVANT FOR THE SPECIFIC POSITION:
- Knowledge of microfinance;
- Knowledge and experience in village savings and lending groups;
- Networking skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically, and work effectively within a team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight
Five County HES Technical Officers.
OTHER KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to the Deputy Chief of Party in the 4TheChild Program Head
- External: Private Sector Providers, Community,
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Community Development or a closely related field. A Masters Degree in any of the above fields will be an added
- At least a minimum seven years’ experience in HES programming in Kenya or other developing countries.
- Experience working with small scale farmers and/or value-chain development, business development, entrepreneurship, financial services institutions with a focus on vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, organization, management and mediation among local actors and partner capacity
- Demonstrated experience in training design, delivery, coaching, and mentorship in subject matter(s) relevant to this
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining the cooperation of individuals and managing relationships to achieve
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position “HES Manager “. Attach your current résumé and daytime contacts of three referees. Applications must be received no later than 7th May 2021.
- KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be
- KCDF does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, KCDF has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment
- KCDF recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. It includes a robust safeguarding and code of conduct that all staff commit to adhere to in