Senior Nursing Officer Job, Medical Jobs April,
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in human health in Kenya. KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading centre of excellence in human health research” and its mission is “to improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building and service delivery”.
KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:-
SENIOR NURSING OFFICER, JOB GROUP KMR 5 – 1 POSITION
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Taking part in developing and implementing nursing care policies related to research activities;
- promoting innovation, creativity and excellence in nursing activities in the Institute;
- Ensure implementation of nursing care and services required by the various diverse research teams within the Institute;
- Spearhead patient\client Centredness’ practices within the research environment;
- Monitoring and evaluating nursing activities to ensure compliance with prevailing guidelines and statutory requirements;
- Ensuring performance contracting for the unit and capacity building by appraising nursing staff;
- participating in scientific meetings;
- reviewing and approving Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- establishing staff training needs and recommending training programs; and
- Coach and mentor nursing staff.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least four(4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, public health, Psychology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Nursing disciplines, public health, health management, epidemiology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid Practising Licensing from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Supervisory Course not lasting less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated work performance and results; and
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Team player
How to Apply
Terms of Employment: A six (6) months contract, as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.org/careers
E-Recruitment Portal on or before 11th May 2021 latest 5.00 p.m.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted