Underwriting Deputy Manager Job, Insurance Jobs 2021,
Position: Deputy Manager – Underwriting (Ordinary Life)
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
KUSCCO Mutual Assurance Limited was incorporated in Kenya in January 2019 and is a subsidiary company of KUSCCO Ltd with a vision, to be the leading insurer committed to quality with unwavering client focus. In order to strengthen our business operations and enhance service delivery, the company wishes to recruit an experienced, dynamic and innovative Deputy Manager – Underwriting (Ordinary Life).
The position holder is responsible for general supervision of ordinary life operations in the company. This includes assessing risks, premium management, policy endorsement and reinstatements, claims management, quotations, medical underwriting and issuing of policy documents in accordance with the laid down procedures to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to customers.
- Ascertain new business requirements and documentations for contractual agreements and subsequent policy document issuance.
- Verification of all proposal forms submitted and ensure they justify life cover proposed, premium is commensurate and all information is provided.
- Establish the free cover limits and identify those members to undergo medicals to ascertain cover.
- Ensure claims are paid effectively and efficiently in an effort to enhance improved customer service and delivery in line with the organization goals and strategies.
- Periodically review existing products and their respective benefits and compare with the market needs with a view to meeting identified customer needs.
- Ensure that customer service standards are adhered to in respect of policy issues, payments of claims and benefits.
- Responsible for preparation of management reports.
- Meeting established business development and organic growth targets in sales, new business acquisition, renewals and premium income through coordinated marketing through the Agents, Brokers and other intermediaries.
- Train the sales force in liaison with the Agency leaders in an effort to ensure product knowledge remain well rated within the sales team.
- Build a supportive, team-orientated environment for the staff through embodying a sense of empowerment, demonstrating positive thinking and establishing common goals and interdependence with the employees
- A Bachelor’s degree in insurance or business related field from a reputable institution
- Professional qualification in insurance (ACII/AIIK/LOMA).
- In-depth understanding of life insurance laws, practices and regulatory requirements in Kenya.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistics.
- Strong people management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organization and planning skills; ability to organize and prioritize.
How to apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter (stating current and expected pay) & updated CV (with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate or former supervisor) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer to reach us on or before 13thApril 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org