General Senior Nursing Officer Job, Latest Nursing Jobs, Medical Jobs April,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 in January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services. The Hospital is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced expertise in the following listed areas. These positions will be on full time basis.
SENIOR NURSING OFFICER GENERAL – KUTRRH/DNSSNOG/384 – 1 POST
The General Senior Nursing Officer (SNO) will be held accountable for the nursing service given to patients in the general and surgical wards. This includes making provisions for the best possible nursing care of patients at all times; the nomination of persons to act up in his/her absence; assessment of patient care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of care and the setting and monitoring of standards of care. The incumbent will also be held accountable for determination of work to be done, the rostering, organization and allocation of the work, teaching and training of nurses and support staff and participation in the ongoing development and evaluation of systems and programmes for delivery of care.
This position reports to Deputy Director Nursing Services.
- Manages and supports the day to day operations of the general/surgical
- Supervises all nurses, support staff including technicians working in the wards to ensure smooth
- Oversees the preparation of the nursing rota, schedules utilizing wage and flex staff as appropriate. The SNO shall adjust coverage according to patient numbers influx.
- Ensure that all equipment are in good working condition, ensure timely calibration and in case of malfunction, that he/she reports to the maintenance team
- Accurately forecasts and manages budget for the clinics and ensures that any expenditures are within the budget. This also includes control of commodities, ordering as per the procurement plan and
- Develops and implements quality process improvement activities, interviews, hires, evaluates, coaches and disciplines staff in collaboration with the head of
- Develops programs which address continuous quality improvement system ensuring compliance to set quality metrics such as waiting times, admission times, customer satisfaction and compliance to the service delivery charter.
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements specific to the unit and enhancing streamlined processes, patience experience and overall nurse
- The role is also a resource person for decision-making concerning patient care services, emergency response, non-clinical services and ensures that hospital policies and procedures are properly interpreted and
- Initiates major disaster plans when necessary. Directs staff in the event of a disaster, fire, or other emergency within the department or outside in which the department may be
- Ensures that the highest quality nursing care is provided to patients and their families by leading the improvement of the patient experience, appointment bookings, patients after follow-ups and complaints
- Carries out development and performance review interviews with individual nursing staff, using job specifications and performance/appraisal review documentation in accordance with hospital policy and records judgement about the performance of each individual staff member.
- Develops and manages partnerships with clinicians, physicians and administrative counterparts to achieve common goals and promote integration of multidisciplinary work
- Orientates new staff in the clinics: nurses, support staff, consultants and technicians denoting, key policies, patient pathways, HMIS documentation and teamwork approaches to care
- Steer the team towards clinical research, health innovations necessary to attain optimal services in the
- Ensures all clinicians report timely to work, are available, and that their claims are submitted on time for smooth
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing with a Higher Diploma in any speciality
- Masters degree in a relevant and related field is an added advantage
- Prior experience in nursing leadership position
- Registration with Nursing Council of Kenya
- Above nine (9) years’ general nursing experience
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Organizational skills
- Team building skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 4th May 2021. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official telephones/ email.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.