Principal Engineer, Road Safety Audit Job, Current Engineering Jobs,
Position: Principal Engineer, Road Safety Audit (GRADE NTSA 6)
The Principal Officer will be responsible to the Manager, Road Safety Audits and Inspection for planning, organizing, administration and control of activities in Road Safety Audits and Inspection Department.
- Initiatingand reviewing road safety audit
- Undertakeroad safety inspections, road safety impact assessments and road safety audits and preparation of reports
- Preparereports on road safety audits compliance by road agencies and county
- Monitor& evaluate network safety performance, effectiveness of infrastructure
- Undertaketraffic crash data analysis and compile
- Developblack spot programme in liaison with other agencies and monitor
- Preparing Proposalsfor funding by development partners
- PrepareEOIs/ RFPs and Bidding documents
- Workwith consultants on road safety audit
- Attendingall road safety audit coordination meetings with key stakeholders
- Coordinatethe utilization of the staff under him/her in the Department.
- Analyzingstaff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations, and
- Preparerelevant periodic reports
- Carryout any other duties as assigned from time to time as instructed
- Atleast eight (8) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory position in the Public/Private
- Bachelor’sDegree in Civil Engineering, or a Traffic related Safety/ Engineering field from a recognized
- AttendedSupervisory Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized
- Qualifiedand experienced in undertaking road safety
- Experiencein detailed design of roads.
- Experiencein traffic crash investigation, analysis and prevention
- Experienceand knowledge in Traffic, Road Safety or General Civil Engineering
- Experienceand a working knowledge in relevant design standards e., Road Design Manuals, Traffic Signs Manuals etc
- Strongproblem solving and analytic
- Abilityto work in a team environment.
- Goodcommunications skills both oral &
- Fulfilledthe requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; and
- Shouldalso be a registered Professional Engineer with the Engineers Registration
How to apply
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer. If you possess the required skills and competencies that match the above roles, please submit your application, detailed CV, current remuneration level, email, telephone contacts, KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB for Graduates, EACC clearance certificate and Certificate of Good Conduct / Confirmation of Application from Criminal Investigations Department to reach us on or before 12 May 2021 by 5.00 pm addressed to: Director General, National Transport and Safety Authority, Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road, P.O. Box, 3602 -00506, Nairobi.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.