Road Safety Audits and Inspection Manager Job, Latest Engineering Jobs,
Position: Manager, Road Safety Audits and Inspection
The Manager, Safety Audits and Inspection will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Safety Audits and Inspection for planning, organizing, administration and control of activities in Road Safety Audits and Inspection Department.
- Preparing RoadSafety Audit
- Carryingout road safety audits and inspections, road safety impact assessment, accident investigations and preparing reports.
- Organizingroad safety audits, training courses and promotion of road safety audit
- Reviewingall stages of road safety audits and liaising with implementing agencies to monitor
- Monitorimplementation of black spot programme by other agencies.
- Attendingand managing all road safety audit coordination meetings with key
- Preparingproposals for funding by development partners and preparing EOIs/ RFPs and bidding
- Workingwith consultants on road safety issues and preparing progress reports on
- Analyzingstaff performance and career progression and making appropriate
- Providingmentoring and technical support to staff assigned to
- Prepareperiodic reports; and
- Carryout any other duties as assigned from time to
- Atleast ten (10) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been at a middle management position in a large
- Bachelor’sDegree in Civil Engineering, or a Traffic related Safety/ Engineering field from a recognized
- AttendedManagement Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized
- Shouldalso be a registered Professional Engineer with the Engineers
- Qualifiedand experienced in undertaking road safety audits.
- Experiencein detailed design of roads.
- Experiencein traffic crash investigation, analysis and prevention
- Atleast three years of relevant experience in road safety audits & work zone traffic management and collision investigation
- Experienceand knowledge in traffic, road safety or general civil engineering
- Experienceand a working knowledge in relevant design standards e., Road Design Manuals, Traffic Signs Manuals.
- Abilityto produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, report and narrative setting out the findings of road safety audits & traffic crash
- Fulfilledthe requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilitiesand initiative in the general organization and management of Road Safety and a thorough understanding of the Authority’s
How to apply
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer. If you possess the required skills and competencies that match the above roles, please submit your application, detailed CV, current remuneration level, email, telephone contacts, KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB for Graduates, EACC clearance certificate and Certificate of Good Conduct / Confirmation of Application from Criminal Investigations Department to reach us on or before 12 May 2021 by 5.00 pm addressed to: Director General, National Transport and Safety Authority, Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road, P.O. Box, 3602 -00506, Nairobi.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.