Center Community Manager Job, Communication Jobs 2021
Role title: Center Community Manager
The Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI), which is hosted at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology in Nairobi, prides itself as a postgraduate hub of research and innovation featuring a highly diverse faculty, and students are drawn from all over Africa. PAUSTI incubation centre of Excellence will give students and researchers a platform to develop their skills and competencies whilst putting their theoretical knowledge into practice to create sustainable business solutions towards a better country and by extension, the continent at large.
We are recruiting a Center Community Manager who will oversee the day-to-day operations of the centre, activate and engage the community and be responsible for communications related to the PAUSTI Incubation Center of Excellence’s programs and activities.
Event Planning & Communication Management
- Execute and organize events and workshops where PAUSTI students will receive hands-on support and capacity development.
- Organize monthly meetups to incorporate an ownership culture within the community, facilitate sharing and engage all stakeholders.
- Monitoring key online conversations and events to ensure PAUSTI Incubation Center of Excellence’s effective participation and representation.
- Driving traffic to the centre’s website and blog in order to increase brand awareness.
- Updating the website pages in order to ensure the most current information is displayed; and ensuring a good liaison between the website, blog, and social media platforms & Preparing detailed weekly and monthly reports on social media activity.
Community engagement strategy Development
- Work with the incubation manager to develop a community development strategy to include and guide the implementation of all community-related activities such as meetups, design challenges, hackathons, career fairs etc.
- Develop concept notes and design materials for community engagement meetups
- Communicate meetup details within and outside the university to achieve a high attendance rate of the target stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders within the University to create post-event articles where necessary.
- Overseeing the publishing of relevant content, such as blog entries, on a regular basis and the relevant impact on the audience within the university.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Communication, or any related field.
- Having more than one (1) year of relevant experience in project management or a similar position is a bonus.
- Experience working effectively with and understanding the needs of culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
- Proven skills in project management
- Knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Good communications and interpersonal skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills; with the ability to retrieve, organise and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met, with the ability to prioritise workload without close supervision.
How to apply
What we offer
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.