Senior Public Communications Officer Job, Communication Jobs 2021, Latest County Government Jobs,
SENIOR PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (LIASON), JOB GROUP ‘L’ (1 POST)
- An officer at this level may be deployed to a Public Communications Office in a Department. The officer may also be deployed to a Division at the County Headquarters.
- Assist in coordinating activities with national and county government and other agencies.
- Assist in advising the County Government on legislative affairs.
- Participate in management of county affairs and enhancing its image.
- Advising the county government on intergovernmental relations.
- Participate in formulation and implementation of policies governing relationship between county government and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring compliance with the values and principles as entrenched in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Editing stories on various topical issues before they are released to the public and liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Have served in the grade of Public Communications Officer I or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Degree in any of the following disciplines: Journalism, International Relations, Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Public Relations or its approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Possess advanced computer application skills; and
- Have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply