Country Sales Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs,
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Rwanda,Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Country Sales Manager, Reporting to the Global Head of FMCG
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Looking for an exceptional leader to take ownership of our customer journey. You are passionate about using data and technology to unlock the potential of local merchants. You are an innovative sales leader with a deep understanding of the power of technology in driving productivity within an organization. Beyond technical abilities, you know how to effectively motivate and train a highly productive sales team. We are seeking a go-getter, who is passionate about unlocking the potential of the informal economy through curated, data-driven customer engagement, and inspired by our mission to empower these local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa annually.
The Country Sales Manager is responsible for driving countrywide revenue growth and profit margins. The key primary responsibility for this role will be to execute and inform Sokowatch’s customer growth strategy. The person in charge will also build and manage a Growth team and lead all customer-facing functions including but not limited to, acquisition, engagement/ retention, and growth.
- Execute Sokowatch’s growth plan, growth programs, and optimize our revenue funnel.
- Curate customer insight, by blending data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions.
- Leverage customer insights to drive increase optimization across sales, marketing, procurement, and product development;
- Design, execute and follow through a Route to Market strategy across the countries
- Map out the coverage extension plan for Sokowatch in unreached territories
- Drive Sokowatch Customer and Growth Rep App adoption and usage
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, data & analytics, product management, Partnerships, and Marketing to design and execute growth initiatives;
- Drive the execution and enhancement of the Sokowatch Customer Experience;
- Maintain a deep understanding of market structure changes (eg. pricing, new entrants, new products, new technologies);
- Ongoing lifecycle management of our existing customers to retain them e.g. developing customer retention programs;
- Development and interlock of sales targets with our sales & retention channels
- Manage, Coach, Train and Motivate the Field Sales, Customer Growth and Retention teams for Performance in relation to the targets set and build a winning spirit within the team
- Build a high performance culture by driving delivery of objectives through data based decision making
- Gather and provide competitive information by regularly tracking competitor activities within the industry.
- Using market insights to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency
- Previous experience leading a Customer Care team is a plus
- 7+ years of experience in sales and marketing, business development, customer service, or related field with a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- An understanding of how to design effective experiments, and develop a quantitative intuition for interpreting user experience data
- Ability to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into numbers and solutions
- Ability to lead diverse teams in a fast paced, technologically driven business environment
- Decisive, agile and result driven
- Have a customer-centric mindset
How to Apply