Credit Risk Manager Job, Finance Jobs 2021,
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Financial services will be the biggest differentiating factor of Sokowatch from its competitors, as well as a growth engine for the FMCG volumes. However, the ability of the financial service BU to be a net positive contributor to both volumes and bottom line is contingent on our ability to grow our credit products in a disciplined and risk-adjusted manner. Working hand-in-hand with our credit sales/onboarding team, you and your team play a critical role in the long-term success of the financial services
The Role: East Africa Credit Risk Manager, reporting to Head of Financial Services
You are responsible for the development and execution of Sokowatch’s Financial Services credit risk strategy across all East Africa markets, especially focused on credit collections, asset recovery, portfolio risk evaluation + mitigation, credit scoring + limit review. You are the owner of the Sokowatch Financial Services credit risk targets across all existing and new credit products.
You are charged with training, developing, and retaining a world-class credit risk team.
- Own the develop and execution of the credit risk strategy (collections, asset recovery, portfolio risk metrics, credit scoring + limits)
- Responsible for reporting of all credit risk metrics to HoFS, Finance & any relevant external stakeholders
- Responsible for reviewing and reporting on any default/write-off situations to finance + HoFS
- Building a team culture of pro-active risk management through early detection of at-risk customers or potential staff fraud
- Develop, document, review, and update all credit risk SOPs
- 5-7 years in banking, fintech, insurance or micro-finance within a credit risk function
- Ability to define and build credit risk models (eg. correlation models) to understand portfolio and customer trends
- Conversant with the use of excel to build complex financial and statistical models
- Built and managed high-performance teams
- Proven ability to make data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply