Midwife Nurse Job, Nursing Jobs,
Wananchi Jamii Hospital was founded by Magdaline Wairimu Thiga and family. She is a Kenyan registered nurse working in the slum of Kware village in Ong’ata Rongai, Kajiado North Sub-County. The facility believes in being the best hospital that offers total and high quality care by treating the whole person, body and soul.
Midwife Nurse Job (Experience in Obstetric and Neonatal Health care),
We are a leading private medical service provider situated in Ong’ata Rongai, Kajiado County. It is the policy of the hospital to engage the services of professionals, thus seeking for qualified personnel.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, emergency obstetrical and neonatal care in accordance with MoH Reproductive Care Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Properly follow up of all new-born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women for medical evacuation and/or complicated delivery.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria are met according to standard specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering)
- Ensure that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with the MoH/Wananchi Jamii Hospital protocols, as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required.
- Participate in the organization of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor.
- Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Provide nursing care and management at the MCH clinics.
- Evaluate patient responses to interventions and notify the head nurse accordingly.
- Perform physical examination on mothers, monitor labor and conduct deliveries.
- Request necessary lab tests for the patients.
- Perform minor procedures on patients as required such as urinary. catheterization, suturing of small tares, lacerations and episiotomies.
- Do ward rounds with the head nurse and ensure all treatment is administered to patients.
- Promote rights of patients and clients maintaining their privacy and dignity.
- Adhere to the hospital health and safety policies, guidance and protocols.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in the facility.
- Adhere to infection prevention and control guidelines and practices.
- Participate in individual professional development activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the head nurse.
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community, Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, or Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as nurse or midwife with experience in obstetric care.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, flexible, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, punctuality, reliability and commitment
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 3rd May 2021.
- The email subject line MUST include position title
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Wananchi Jamii Hospital does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.