Windle International Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a non-profit organization with a mission to transform society through education and training. We are working with communities in Dadaab District, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West and Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camps and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Windle International Kenya is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Finance Officer based in Kakuma Refugee Camp – Turkana County.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for provision of support services and the full spectrum of financial management and accounting. The key responsibilities include:
· Ensuring financial systems and procedures are in place and followed in accordance with internal policies
· Consolidation of accounts and preparation of financial reports
· Timely update of financial records and the general ledger and budget tracking
· Preparing payment vouchers and assist in preparation of financial reports
· Ensuring clear internal audit trails, external audit support,
· Actively involved in budgeting and development of account systems and procedures
· Safe custody of all financial data
· A Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or Bachelor of Business Administration from a recognized university
· A holder of CPA (K) or ACCA
· Three years’ financial experience
· Must be a member of a professional body (ICPAK/ACCA) and of good standing
· Advanced knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software
· Good interpersonal skills
· High levels of integrity, patience, cross cultural sensitivity and adaptability
· Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting the reference FO/09/2021. Submit your application through this link https://forms.gle/Wjf2WSDzh7ixr1FX7.
Deadline for applications is Thursday 15th April 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.