Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Program Coordinator Job, Latest NGO Jobs,
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Project Coordinator – Household Economic Strengthening (HES)
Reporting to : Technical Lead – OVC Service Delivery
Work Location : Nairobi/Kiambu
Purpose of position
To provide household economic strengthening technical expertise to the Tumikia Mtoto Project ensuring effective field level coordination for timely and quality implementation of interventions aimed at ensuring that OVC and DREAMS House Holds in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties are resilient.
Project Coordination, implementation and technical guidance 55%
- Work with Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) to provide effective field level coordination and technical support in designing, planning and implementation of the House hold Economic Strengthening (HES) project objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Work with LIPs and county teams to enhance access to income, assets and health insurance for OVC, AGYW and their households
- Coordinate with LIP HES staff and County teams to conduct household vulnerability assessments and develop and implement accurate household case management plans informed by their individual vulnerability status
- Coordinate the implementation of graduation, exit, and transition approaches and strategies for successful graduation of OVC households
- Design evidence-based household economic strengthening approaches to empower OVC, AGYW and their households
- Work with LIPs and county agriculture, youth and trade departments to promote contextualized agricultural production, youth employability programmes and technologies for food security nutrition enhancement and increased individual and household incomes
- Partner with LIPs and beneficiary HHs & agriculture departments to select and scale-up promising value chain partnership approaches.
- Coordinate the LIPs and key government departments to register economic empowerment beneficiaries
- Link AGYW to social asset building programmes to enhance their access to income generation, employment, business mentorship and resilience
- Coordinate training of County Government and LIPs on integrated case management approach and technically support its roll-out
- Support LIPs on integration of climate smart production and household economic strengthening interventions as per case plans
- Design and coordinate roll out of age-appropriate (9 – to 14 -year olds, 15- to 17 year olds and 18+(YW) year olds) economic empowerment trainings and socio-economic approaches for caregivers
- Coordinate capacity building of OVC households on village savings and loaning and other HES interventions
- Establish market linkages, pricing information and coordination platforms for OVC, AGYW and their households
Project Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting 25%
- Work with the MEL unit to develop M&E system relating to the M&E plan ensure outcomes are tracked and reported.
- Ensure timely preparation of periodic reports and project documents in line with the donor and world vision standards
- Work with the LIPs and key government departments to conduct regular progress monitoring of the beneficiary households.
- Support LIPs to prepare timely and quality reports as per donor and WVK standards
- Coordinate periodic monitoring visits and meetings with LIPs to review project performance and utilization of project data to prioritize areas for action and improvements
- Coordinate and participate in monthly, quarterly and annual program reviews with LIPs and local stakeholders
- Ensure that project strategies are informed by evidence and best practices for meeting the needs of OVC households
- Support documentation of best practices and successful approaches in relation to economic stability of households to care for and protect OVC
- Partner with community level LIPs, village, sub-county and AACs to monitor and enhance accountability among beneficiaries
Advocacy, Networking & partnerships 15%
- Formalize partnerships with the key government departments through MoUs to promote collaboration and close working relationships
- Mobilize communities and local stakeholders to advocate, engage and mobilize increased allocation and investment into OVC households’ resilience building
- Work with respective County Governments to leverage existing private partners to provide agriculture-based financial services
- Facilitate linkages for the uptake of green business or jobs for AGYW and youth (organic agriculture, renewable energies, recycling businesses, such as solid waste management, eco-tourism).
- Represent the project in county and sub county technical working groups, advocacy working groups, key national and county forums and events.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Attend and lead daily devotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness/Agricultural Extension or a similar field from a recognized university
- A postgraduate training in project management, monitoring & evaluation, statistics, Economics or related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years of experience Four (4) years of which must be in USAID OVC Household Economic Strengthening programming
- Proven experience in local value chain development, climate smart agriculture and household economic development
- Must have a good understanding of USAID OVC and DREAMS programming, policies and guidelines
- Good understanding and experience of household case management and graduation approaches
- Experience in coordinating multi-agency programs and consortium/network development
- Highly flexible and organized, able to coordinate government and private sector players for effective support and implementation of program interventions
- He /she must have ample experience in capacity building, training and coordination
- Experience in working with partnerships, including county governments, civil society, donors and local community’s structures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent computer skills
- Team player.
How To Apply