Tumikia Mtoto OVC DREAMS Project Driver Job, Driver Jobs,
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Driver
Reporting to : Fleet Supervisor
Grade Level : 8
Work Location : Nairobi/Kiambu
Purpose of position
To ensure smooth facilitation of the program staff and ensure World Vision Kenya fleet is safe, healthy and economical to guarantee staff facilitation.
Staff & Visitors Facilitation 55%
- Timely Facilitation of staff to and from work and to other official duties.
- Ensure safety of staff and vehicle while on journey
- Ensure mobilization of additional vehicles and drivers to facilitate key events such as major donor visits, campaigns, evaluations and baselines
- Ensure facilitation of staff / visitors / donors/ to and from the field
Vehicle Maintenance and Management 20%
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness all the time.
- Keep vehicle movement log book up to date.
- Check mechanical and operational soundness of the vehicle.
- To ensure that the vehicle is serviced at the required time.
- To check and ensure that all vehicle tools are in place and intact.
- Undertake minor repairs and recommend for major vehicle repairs.
- Park the vehicle at the recommended parking areas by WVK
- Seek for permission to use the car as per the laid down policy
- Obey traffic laws
- Maintain maximum care of the vehicle at all times.
- Report all vehicle malfunctions to the fleet office.
- Initiate procurement process for all motor vehicle repairs and maintenance.
Office Administration 10%
- Facilitate delivery of parcels/ mails
- In collaboration with Administration department liaise with service providers to ensure quality services
- Work with respective staff to plan and coordinate field facilitation services.
- Support in community mobilization
- Be bank gent for bank transactions
- Prepare monthly and other vehicle reports and file copies of the same after approval.
- Forward all invoices and fuel returns to fleet management for payment process.
- In case of accident, forward detailed report for claim processing
- Support field or office activities as may be necessary whenever not facilitating staff to the field
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Three years driving experience
- O level certificate with a clean driving license class A, B, C, E
- Experience in Nairobi city driving and be conversant with the entire country road network
- Basic knowledge of motor vehicle maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of first AID and other safety & security measure
- Basic security training
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- Valid Driving license
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Automobile Association of Kenya competence certification.
- Current Certificate of Police clearance
How To Apply