University Librarian Job, Librarian Jobs 2021,
Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK) is a Chartered Private University in Kenya with the main campus based in Kisumu City and a learning center in Nairobi City. GLUK is established as a Centre of excellence bridging academics with community and institutional based development. GLUK is committed to maintaining high standards of education and training of professionals who are responsible stewards of resources and services in the society.
The position will be on contractual basis of 3-5 years renewable and will offer competitive salaries.
Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates all across the country.
- Responsible for developing library policies and systems affecting all aspects of library services including budget preparation.
- Developing and implementing Information Literacy Programs in consultation with the faculty and University administration.
- Working with faculty, students and staff in collection development and coordinate the evaluation, selection and purchase of information resources required for the various schools in the University.
- Develop and manage collections of books and journals (both paper and electronic), as well as websites.
- Select, acquire and catalogue information using library and information software.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Business Administration, Strategic Management or any related disciplines
- Professional qualification such as CPA or ACCA.
- Knowledge in general risk management and business management.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya in good standing.
- At least seven (7) years post qualification experience (5) of which should be in a senior management position.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in accounting packages such as QuickBooks, understanding of University management system will be added advantage etc.
- Strong analytical skills, Reporting & Auditing skills.
How to apply
Applicants to send Cover letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to:
The Chairman of Governing Council
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
P.O Box 2224-40100
OR Send via mail to email@example.com Email subject line to MUST read the position applied for. OR Hand drop to Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kibos Campus. Applications to reach us by Monday, 17th May 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.