Library Assistant Job, Latest Librarian Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Job Title: Library Assistant Grade 7
Job Location: Kitui
The purpose of this job is to provide information resources and services to library users using the library management systems for their research, learning and teaching. Reporting to the Senior Library Assistant Grade 10, the Library Assistant Grade 7 shall:
- Conduct registration of library users in the library management system by facilitating discharging and charging information resources.
- Process information materials using classification and cataloguing tools for organization and quick access of materials by the library users.
- Conduct user education to library users using power point presentations and library tours for familiarization of services in the library.
- Prepare duty rota using Microsoft programme for effective service delivery by the library staff.
- Organize library books by use of library classification for easy location by library users.
- Maintain university institutional repository by updating publications in the systems to ensure that library users are up to date with information received and used.
- Charge and discharge materials to library users using the library system for effective service delivery.
- Any other duty assigned by the senior library staff.
- Management of audio visual materials.
- Physical processing of books/non book materials.
- Attending to user needs.
- Participation in the user education/library orientation.
- Book reservation.
- Shelving of library books.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University.
- Must be computer literate with detailed understanding of
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
How to apply
South Eastern Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to have current clearance certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications, in ten (10) copies, should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200,
So as to be received on or before Friday, 21st May, 2021.
SEKU is an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting application is Friday, 21st May, 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Duly shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
SEKU is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.