Air Transport Analyst Job, Current Airline Jobs Kenya,
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment.
JOB TITLE : AIR TRANSPORT ANALYST I – KCAA SCALE 8 REF: ASSR/ATER/11/21 – (1 POST)
- Assessing the financial fitness of the licensed air carriers and new applicants for air services licenses;
- Evaluating the business plans for the new applicants for air service licenses;
- Analyzing and updating air transport economic data on airline operations, airport operations and air navigation;
- Monitoring economic performance of airlines in accordance with standards;
- Preparing quarterly and annual air transport statistics involving airline fleet and personnel statistics, aircraft movement, traffic by flight stage, cargo imports and exports, route, sector, country of origin and destination;
- Analyzing air transport statistics in accordance with ICAO requirements;
- Analyzing air carrier schedules by routes, frequency and destination for the purposes of processing authorization of flight time tables of scheduled operations;
- Undertaking traffic forecasting based on route, sector, region and country of origin and destination;
- Analyzing tariffs and fares for the purposes of detecting anti-competitive practices;
- Preparing and updating statistical and financial data base on licensed operators.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the Chief Air Transport
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: economics, statistics, mathematics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A certificate in software training g. SSPS, MATLAB, STATA, E-Views etc.
- A certificate in air transport statistics/economics from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience at an operational level as an Analyst.
- Working experience in the aviation sector will be an added advantage
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of air transport policy and regulations
- Proven integrity, transparency and accountability
- Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance and results
- Proficiency in computer applications
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received not later than 16th July 2021. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note: Persons with disabilities are required to attach a valid copy of NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.