Air Transport Officer Job, Latest Airline Jobs In Kenya,
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment.
JOB TITLE : AIR TRANSPORT OFFICER I – KCAA SCALE 8 REF: ASSR/ATER/10/21 – (1 POST)
- Preparing particulars of applications for air service licenses for gazettement;
- Processing adhoc permits for approval;
- Participating in monitoring and surveillance on air transport operations to ensure compliance with regulations;
- Verifying documents attached to applications for air service licenses, aircraft leases and airline commercial agreements;
- Processing applications for air service licenses, aircraft lease approvals and airline commercial agreements;
- Maintaining registers for applications for air service licenses, aircraft lease approvals and issued air service licenses;
- Assisting in preparation of working papers for Licensing of Air Services Committee;
- Carrying out inspections at the airports for facilitation of air transport;
- Participating in investigation of air transport incidences;
- Assisting in collection and compilation of air transport statistics;
- Participating in preparation of bilateral and multilateral air services agreements/negotiations;
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the Chief Air Transport and Economic Regulations Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Civil Aviation management, social sciences, commerce, economics, information science, business administration, statistics, mathematics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A certificate/diploma course from an approved institution in Air Transport/Civil Aviation or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience at an operational level in an airline or a civil aviation organization
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of air transport policy and regulations
- Proven integrity, transparency and accountability
- Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance and results
- Ability to manipulate and use contemporary office automation equipment, software and databases and to keep abreast with available technology
- Computer applications skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received not later than 16th July 2021. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note: Persons with disabilities are required to attach a valid copy of NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.