Head of Fundraising & Partnerships Job, Current Media Jobs Kenya,
Our client a leading and high end media house company is currently looking to hire a Head of Fundraising & Partnerships.
- Review existing resource mobilization action plan and develop viable best practice implementation strategies to grow the organizations income based on research and knowledge of the most appropriate sources of income
- Build public sector partnerships with bilateral and multilateral agency offices and other agencies in Kenya while working with the relevant officers who manage the parent relationships
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow income from foundations based in Kenya and work closely with relevant offices for evaluation and strategic positioning of the organization to access funding from global foundations
- Work closely with the programme teams to prepare high quality proposals for prospective donors in the specific fund raising streams
- Set fundraising targets in conjunction with Board and the CEO, monitor and manage performance on a continuous basis
- Manage and adhere to the organizations brand positioning, mission and standards at all contact points with fund giving organizations
- Establish, monitor and regularly evaluate the fundraising performance against the annual plans
- Develop and maintain a database for existing, targeted and potential partners, foundations. Keep data accurate and updated at all times
- Set functional and own performance targets, monitor and undertake periodic performance appraisal
- Identify and pursue opportunities for non-commercial project funding that are aligned to the company’s strategy for social impact
- Identify suitable grant opportunities and write winning grant applications
- Gather documentation and fulfill the necessary requirements of various funding bodies to formally seek funding on behalf of the organization
- Develop and cultivate partnerships and relationships with suitable organizations and contacts that will be valuable while sourcing for grants
- Work with the team to design projects to achieve the company’s objectives and those of the grant funders
- Create KPIs, reporting templates and project audit materials that conform to the relevant donor requirements, to be used by the company’s internal project manager during the course of the project.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO related to the role
- A Master’s /Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Marketing, Economics, Communication or Business Administration or related field.
- At least 7 years’ proven experience of successful networking and fundraising in at least one of the areas of: public sector partnerships, major donors, trusts/foundations or corporate fundraising
- Experience of creating and implementing a fundraising strategy for new markets
- Programme/Project Management experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently in an organized and responsive manner
- Fund raising and resource mobilization skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills and good at negotiation.
- High ethical standards of behaviour, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Excellent Organizational, planning and writing and oral presentation skills
- Excellent ICT skills, demonstrable numerical and budgetary skills, including preparing fundraising budgets and proficient use of excel and spreadsheets
- Thoroughness and attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Flexible and creative with an aptitude for solving problems; positive attitude
- Excellent communicator who can both sell a vision verbally, and bring a mundane written report to life
- Ability to understand the needs of both the organization in need of funding and the organization that is offering the grant
How To Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com