Senior Assistant ICT Officer Job, Kenyan IT Job Vacancies,
JOB LEVEL 7 (ICT DEPARTMENT): JOB REF HR SAICTO-7-2021
Reports to: ICT Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs timely hardware maintenance and periodic ICT tasks for operational efficiency.
- Generates reports from organization databases for decision-making.
- Performs system and data backups to expedite retrieval of information.
- Installs and configures new hardware/software to enable use of the system.
- Design and maintenance of websites and eCommerce sites.
- Implement system and information security measures to safeguard information assets.
- Create scripts in Python, Perl, PHP or other language.
- Provide help desk services to troubleshoot and address end-users problems.
- Assign duties and tasks to staff.
- Set annual performance management targets for ICT staff and appraise staff on the same.
(Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Information Science (ICT Option) or Electrical Engineering/Electronics and Computing or equivalent.
- Higher Diploma and Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology or Information Science (ICT Option) or Electrical Engineering/Electronics and Computing or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience.
- Microsoft Certification.
- Problem solving, analytical, customer service, integrity, good communication, organization and planning skills.
- Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
- A good team player, maintains high work standards, reliable, adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the
Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
For the full details on these positions, including qualifications and experience, please visit KLB Website on www.klb.co.ke and send your ON-LINE APPLICATION addressed to
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Bellevue Area, KLB Road, off Popo Road
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach us on or before 21 July 2021. Only online applications submitted through the KLB Portal will be admitted.