Senior Film Classification Assistant Job, Latest Communication Kenya Jobs,
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Job Grade: KFCB 7
To assist the execution of Board’s mandate of regulating the possession, public exhibition, and distribution of film, through examining every film and poster for purposes of classification and imposing an age restriction on viewership with the aim of promoting national aspiration and values, and protection of children from harmful film and broadcast content as prescribed by the Films and Stage Plays Act Cap 222 and other relevant legislation.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Updating and maintaining film classification catalogs;
- Receiving and filing applications for film examination and classification;
- Issuing film classification catalogues to clients;
- Preparing film classification reports;
- Receiving and filing application for film examination and classification of content;
- Updating and maintaining film classification catalogues; of examined and classified audio-visual content;
- Filling forms and maintaining a register of clients who, have applied for film and content classification; and
- Assisting in preparation of classification reports.
Specifications/Requirements for Appointment
- Must have a Diploma in any of the following fields: Film/Video/TV/Radio Production, Mass Communication, Information Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Education and Sociology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Three (3) years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Computer applications
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are required to send their applications quoting the job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to be received by Close of Business 3rd August 2021
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcript during the interviews.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following;
- Clearance Certificate from EACC
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Certificate of good conduct